The Sexual Assault Prevention Center of Kaohsiung City was established in accordance with the Sexual Assault Prevention Act on December 13, 1997.
On June 22, 1999, the Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Prevention Center of Kaohsiung City Government was established, with the Sexual Assault Prevention Center and the Domestic Violence Prevention Center merged in accordance with the Domestic Violence Prevention Act.
On January 1, 2003, the Center was reorganized as an official affiliate of the Social Affairs Bureau of Kaohsiung City Government.
- Prevent criminal acts related to domestic violence and sexual assault
- Protect children and youths from criminal offenses such as abuse, negligence, and abandonment.
- Safeguard victims’ rights.
- Victims and respondents in domestic violence cases.
- Victims and offenders in sexual assault cases.
- Affected children, youths, and their family members.
- Domestic violence: Any act of exercising any offense, mentally or physically, amongst family members.
- Children and youth protection: Protection of people below the age of 18 from any act of exercising any offense that violates the Protection of Children and Youths Welfare and Rights Act.
- Sexual assault: Any act of sexual offenses defined in the Criminal Code of the Republic of China.